Every two years, The Legal recognizes a group of outstanding minority attorneys from across Pennsylvania. This year, we solicited nominations from our contacts around the legal profession and went back through our archives to look at some of the major players from the past two years. We received dozens of responses, all highlighting the impressive work done by attorneys from all corners of the legal profession. While all of them are certainly worthy of praise, the editorial staff has selected the following individuals in recognition of their outstanding professional achievements.
Following are the names of the Pennsylvania attorneys who have been selected as 2015's Diverse Attorneys of the Year:
- Maria E. Bermudez, Martin Law
- Pedro A. Cortés, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Angela Giampolo, Giampolo Law Group
- John Y. Gotanda, Villanova University School of Law
- Elliot C. Howsie, Allegheny County Public Defender’s Office
- Sophia Lee, Sunoco Inc.
- Timothy K. Lewis, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
- Wendell Pritchett, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Amber Racine, Raynes McCarty
- Ajay Raju, Dilworth Paxson
- Judge Luis Felipe Restrepo, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Teresa M. Rodriguez, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Alejandro J. Salicrup, Pepper Hamilton
- Brian P. Seaman, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young
- Reggie Shuford, ACLU of Pennsylvania
- Austin K. So, Heraeus Inc.
- Dee Spagnuolo, Ballard Spahr
- Min S. Suh, Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel
- Elpidio “PD” Villarreal, GlaxoSmithKline
- Marilou E. Watson, Fox Rothschild
- R. Seth Williams, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office
- Raymond M. Williams, DLA Piper
- Su Ming Yeh, Pennsylvania Institutional Law Project
Profiles and details about each attorney will be included in our Diversity supplement, scheduled to be published in The Legal on June 2. They will also be honored at a celebratory event in Philadelphia on June 18th at the Crystal Tea Room. Congratulations to all!
Read more: http://www.evergreeneditions.com/publication/?i=260423